Saturday, January 24, 2009

what me? conservative

So, first post of the year. So far, not bad. I get to be in my friend Belinda's wedding this summer. I am so excited for her and I feel so lucky that she has chosen me to share in her special day. I just wish she didn't live so far. San Dimas, here I come. I go visit her next month and I can't wait. Belinda has been here for me and has been such a great friend. I am so happy for her. work, work and more work, nothing new. I guess glad to have a job, plus I have met so many wonderful people there.
I must say, I have been looking at my life lately, and where I am and where I want to be. What type of person I am and if I can accept it. The word conservative has came up a lot lately to describe me. So I would think about it and be like, what? But then I really think about it. I went out with a new friend last weekend and had an experience I have never dealt with. Now, I may not know how to handle some situations, but I guess that's cuz my life hasn't been down many roads. Anyhow, I was thinking of my evening, and yes, thinking of how conservative my life is. I think I am OK with it. What is conservative and how does it fit me. I am honest, the main reason for this is that I have a horrible memory, but why lie. I often have the mouth of a sailor. I don't like attention on me. I don't like to be mean, but I can argue like %$#&. I guess I do what's right, I just do what I want to do. Things like this, I think about, and wonder who I really am. I think this year is like going to be some kind of self discovery. Seems to be the path I'm on.
The new friend I went out with is fantastic. We have lots of similarities, but are completely different, she has lived a life I couldn't dream of. She has a heart of gold, and is not conservative. I do hope that our friendship grows.
Not sure if I make much sense, but it's late and I have a lot on my mind.
this has to be a better year than the last.

No comments: